Church of St. James (Skt. Ib)

The Skt. Ibs Kirke is a travertine church from around 1100. In 1808 it was transformed into a field hospital for Spanish soldiers. 

In 1816 the church and the graveyard were sold to a local merchant and used as warehouse until 1884. The porch, tower and chancel were demolished, however, the church was restored in 1922. Today, only the aisle is left.  
The famous Danish painter L.A. Ring is burried in the churchyard which is still used.  

From Easter to mid October the church is open all days from sunrise to sunset.

Last updated by




Sankt Ibs Vej 1
4000 Roskilde


  • City / Area

    • Lejre
    • Roskilde
    • Sealand, Møn, Lolland-Falster

Find routes

Find a route to this destination



  • Coordinates

    Longitude : 12.083302600
    Latitude : 55.6474626