Frederiksborg chapel

The palace chapel is part of the Museum, but funktions also as a parish church. It is therefore closed to visitors during church services.
The Chapel was the absolute monarch´s coronation chapel. It still funktions as a knights' chapel displaying
the arms of the Elephant Order and the Dannebrog Order. The Castle Chapel has 3 organs:
The Compenius Organ is the oldest one, built in 1610. It was a gift to Christian IV from his sister, the Duchess of Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel. It is played every Thrusdag from 13.30 to 14.00.
The Marcussen Organ was built in 1863/64 in replacement of the old organ which was destroyed in the fire of 1859.
The Andersen organ was built in 1972 by Poul Gerhard Andersen.

Opening hours
01/11/2013 - 31/03/2014 HillerødMonday - Sunday11:00 - 15:00
01/04/2014 - 31/10/2014 HillerødMonday - Sunday10:00 - 17:00
01/11/2014 - 31/03/2015 HillerødMonday - Sunday11:00 - 15:00

Last updated by

VisitNordsjælland info@visitnordsjaelland.com
 

Contatto

Indirizzo

Slotsgade 54
3400 Hillerød

Phone

+45 48260439

Fax

+45 48240966

Facilities

  • City / Area

    • Hillerød
  • Classification

    • Saint Hannes Cross
  • Discounts

    • Copenhagen Card - discount
    • Free entrance with sightseeing card
    • number of persons for group pricing (20)
  • Feel like

    • Hygge 4
    • Inside
    • Læring 3
    • Rolig 2
  • Intended audience

    • adults

Find routes

Find a route to this destination

Da

Trasporti

  • Coordinates

    Longtitude : 12.301253999
    Latitude : 55.934917