A runic inscription in the choir gives a possible dating to about 1200. The Romanesque part of the church consists of nave, chancel and apse. The tower was probably built in the 1500s.
To the left of the altarpiece are runic inscription, is today protected behind a thick glass plate as it is scratched into the original lime plaster. It was found at the church's restoration in 1908 and is dated to 1175-1225. Besides the runes there are also others signs and symbols: crosses, circles and stars that are scratched into the wet plaster with a pinch.