The Holy Spring - Thyholm
Where the railroad crosses Meldgårdsvej southeast of Hvidbjerg this magnificent Holy Spring is found, from where pure cold spring water constantly wells up from the ground, even in periods of drought.
In 1976 the well was attractively restored, and visitors were given access by a new path.
The spring is first mentioned in the year 1360, but already existed when the earliest population of hunters and fishermen arrived in these districts after the retreat of the ice. The spring has held so much water that it was able to drive a complete water mill at Helligkildegård, where the dam may still be seen. People still gathered around the holy spring well around 1880.
Centre of Information