Lønne Church was consecrated in 1904. Replaced the medieval church, which had become so derelict during the 19th century that a decision was made to demolish it. The old churchyard with marks showing where the old church was situated can be found ca 200 meters to the south. The old church was built of sea stone, a little tufa and granite, without a tower: In the 17th and 18th centuries Lønne parish had become impoverished because of sand drift and floods. The granite stone and tufa were reused in the new church, also the font. The present altarpiece from ca 1476. The pulpit is from 1582, with the vicar Jens Hansen Rusk?s name. Rusk was burnt at the stake for corcery in 1611. The church can usually be viewed through a grid-door.