The Springs in St. Bøgeskov

Foto: Ringsted Turistinformation
Attractions
Natural areas
Indirizzo

St. Bøgeskov v/Gyrstinge Sø

4100 Ringsted

Contact
Originally there were two springs in the forest by the lake: The sacred healing springs "Springkilden" and "Den kogende Kilde" (The Boiling Spring). Because of the springs the forest has always been a destination for excursions. The area was restored in 1908 where one spring block was removed. It is now in a museum in Sorø.

People used to come here to honour and visit the springs as they were believed to possess curative effects. The rush of people was particularly tense at the celebration of Midsummer as the curing effect was believed to be stronger at that time of the year.

Spring fairs were held where people danced and partied.

The springs were used by the Baptists from 1853 until 1903 when the Baptists built their own churches in the local communities.
Indirizzo

St. Bøgeskov v/Gyrstinge Sø

4100 Ringsted

Facilities

Marked-out routes

Coach park

Walking route

Updated by:
Ringsted Turistinformation