Linå church consists of an apse, a chancel and a nave. The nave was extended to the west before 1600 using ashlar from Bjarup church. The original parts of the medieval brick tower are presumably from c. 1590 with the original men’s portal (exquisite sculpture) fayed into the west wall. In front of the original women’s portal, a chapel was constructed for the Fischer family in 1689 for Silkeborg Castle/Allinggård. Romanesque font (lion) and a life-size Gothic baptism figure (c. 1450). Renaissance altarpiece and pulpit from 1616 and a 16-voice organ from 1985 on the old gallery reserved for local nobility.
The church was once a chapel for the residents of Silkeborg Castle, which came under the parish of Linå until the town of Silkeborg became a built-up area.