Klitmøller Church was built in 1872 and was then a district church in Vester Vandet parish.
Originally it was built of red brick and had ridges and slate roofs. The church got its current appearance with brown bricks during a major restoration in 1966-67.
The picture in the altarpiece is painted by Queen Louise, wife of Christian IX. Built in period-typical neo-Gothic.
The church bell hangs in a timbered bell tower southwest of the church.
The cemetery dramatically reflects the living conditions by the sea
- Grave site for the bark Sleipner's herd. The boat ran aground on November 19, 1880.
- Burial ground for Allied airmen, Sergeant Richard Samuel Pitts, who was buried November 19, 1939.
PHOTOS: Niels Clemmensen